The Inspirational Women in Law Awards seek to identify the trailblazers of the profession. A staple of the work of the First 100 Years, the Awards are now in their fifth year and will be hosted by the Next 100 Years and feature a virtual Awards ceremony. You can find out all about last year’s fantastic Awards here.
Nominations for 2020’s Inspirational Women in Law Awards are now CLOSED. Thank you to everyone who has submitted a nomination!
If you have been nominated:
You will receive an email shortly after the nominations close (16th September) with instructions to submit a written entry to complete your nomination. The deadline for this submission will be midnight Monday 28 September
The judges will be deciding on the winners in the following categories:
- Inspirational Woman of the Year, Under 35 Lawyer of the Year
- Inspirational Woman of the Year, In-House Lawyer of the Year
- Inspirational Woman of the Year, Solicitor of the Year
- Inspirational Woman of the Year, Barrister of the Year
- Inspirational Women Awards Champion of the Year (Any gender, any field, making a contribution to equality)
Women (and men for the final category) who:
◘ are in the case of the first category, 35 or under on 16th September 2020
◘ unless specifically stated in the Award title, are a legal professional, including but not limited to, a practising lawyer working either in private practice or in-house, a member of or the judiciary, CMA magistrates, members of CILEx or the Institute of Paralegals or legal academics (we take a wide and inclusive definition of legal professional); and
◘ working in the United Kingdom.
You will be asked to make a submission covering:
1. the nominee’s contribution to achieving equality for women within the profession (to be written by either the nominator or the nominee) – before 16th September 2020; and
2. the nominee’s response to the question “What have you done/are you doing to create an equal profession for future generations?” (to be written by the nominee) – on 28th September 2020.
Each part of the submission are not to exceed 500 words in total.