The Inspirational Women in Law Awards seek to identify individuals from across the legal profession who are leading the way in improving equality and diversity.
Nominations are now open for the 2021 Inspirational Women In Law Awards, with the following categories returning from last year:
– Under 35 Lawyer of the Year
– In-House Lawyer of the Year
– Solicitor of the Year
– Barrister of the Year
– Champion of the Year (an individual of any gender, any field, making a contribution to equality)
We are also delighted to announce the following brand new categories are also open for nominations this year:
– Mentor of the Year
– Paralegal of the Year
– Legal Academic of the Year
The deadline for nominations is midnight on Thursday 30th September, and all nominees will be contacted shortly thereafter with a question requiring a 500-word response. This written response will form the basis of the judge’s decision. You may nominate yourself or another person.
The nomination form can be found here.
The Inspirational Women in Law Awards 2021 will be overseen by our distinguished panel of judges.
We will be joined by the fantastic winners of last year’s awards:
– Karlia Lykourgou (Under-35 Lawyer of the Year)
– Kama Melly QC (Barrister of the Year)
– Anne Bodley (In-House Lawyer of the Year)
– Tracey Dovaston (Solicitor of the Year)
– Samina Iqbal (Champion of the Year)
As well as the following esteemed individuals from across the profession:
– Lubna Shuja (Vice-President of the Law Society of England and Wales)
– Sean Jones QC (11KBW Chambers, Recorder at Ministry of Justice UK)
– Elliot Moss (Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP)
– Catherine Calder (Joint Chief Executive, Serjeants’ Inn Chambers)
– Linda Mulcahy (Professor of Socio-Legal Studies, University of Oxford)
– Millicent Grant QC (Hon) (Past President of CILEx, Director of CILEx Professional)
This year’s online ceremony will take place at 6-8pm on 3rd November 2021.
A staple of the work of the First 100 Years, the Awards reached their fifth year in 2020 and were hosted by the Next 100 Years, culminating in a virtual Awards ceremony. You can find out all about 2019’s Awards here.
We were thrilled to announce the winners and celebrate the finalists of last year’s Awards at an online ceremony, which took place on the 5th of November 2020. During the ceremony, we:
- Received a special opening address from Lucy Frazer QC MP, Minister of State at the Ministry of Justice
- Announced our winners and watched an acceptance speech from each of them
- Were honoured to welcome our Lifetime Achievement Award Winner, Cherie Blair QC, who delivered a speech touching on her career and the importance of the continued fight for true equality and diversity
- Enjoyed an interview between Georgia Dawson, Senior Partner Elect at Freshfields, and our founder, Dana Denis Smith (watch here)
The winners of the Inspirational Women in Law Awards 2020 were: